Carrara 7 is available.

Bison Ravi
Technician
Technician

Carrara 7 is available.

Post by Bison Ravi » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:40 pm

Carrara 7 Pro is available. Well, it's a 7.0 with probably some bugs... But I got it anyway (I bought the version 6.2 with the rebate and got the new version in the same time - I can keep version 6.2 until the version 7 becomes more stable, just in case). Carrara 7 is delivered with two good packages: M4 complete and V4 complete, plus some additionals animals (Horse, Big cat, cat, puppy and sea dragon in the LE version). It's not very intersting for DAZ afficionados like me but it's still a good thing for people starting with nothing as content.

I finally choose Carrara Pro for several reasons:
  • It's less expensive than Vue or other products (Lightwave, Maya, 3D Studio). The offer at 190$ (about 140 euros) is affordable (for me :D).
  • There is a strong compatibility with the Poser content. I've really a lot of works to do someting under Blender for instance (even with the Collada import).
  • I really understand how the materials and lights work under Carrara. It's not the case with the Bryce labs and I still have a lot of difficulty with the DAZ shaders... :(
Well, I'll keep you informed of my progress with this tool. 8)

Lakys
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lakys » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:40 pm

I bought Carrara 7 Pro as well. I also hope to find some seamless integration with DAZ Studio. *crosses fingers*

I have not tested it yet. But I can say that the package is impressive with many many downloads. Just too bad I had already purchased more than 80% of them, not fair.

Anyway considering the price, DAZ is offering twice the applications, by applying more than 60% discount and by giving away some of the greatest 3D content products existing in their store.
Amazing.

Return to “Carrara”