Sea spherical/environment maps

Needing some royalty-free photography, a landscape render, a fractal picture for your artwork?
Lakys
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sea spherical/environment maps

Post by Lakys » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:42 pm

Before I can release a better -ready to use environment package-, I would like to propose those two maps.

Those are not perfect. But it is a beginning. :roll:
Resolution is 4800x2400. I wish to make them much more detailed. But it is the next step.

To use them, you can create a large primitive sphere prop in DAZ|Studio and apply the map.
Well there are some other steps to make it working like an environment (diffuse/ambient/spec surface tweaking, shadows off on the sphere,...).

People not wanting to bother can always wait for the release of the whole package. Might be sooner or later... :)

Note: you can use freely those maps to make personal, non-commercial or commercial renders. However they should not be redistributed or included in any content product without asking LakeWorks first. Thanks!

To download, right click on the links bellow and select "Save As":
sea-sunset01.jpg
sea-sunset02.jpg
Attachments
sea-sunset01.jpg
Please read notes above
sea-sunset02.jpg
Please read notes above

weimart
Future Engineer
Future Engineer

Post by weimart » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:07 pm

Great, thanks a lot! :D

heatherlee
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by heatherlee » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:11 am

Will download these and give them a test run ~ thanks. :D

seacanyon
Visitor
Visitor

Post by seacanyon » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:18 pm

Thanks! These are really nice. Plus, they work well with Light Dome Pro2. Here's a quick test render.

Lakys
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lakys » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:13 am

seacanyon wrote:Thanks! These are really nice. Plus, they work well with Light Dome Pro2. Here's a quick test render.
Thank you! :)

the link you provided sent me to my own gallery. Maybe you should post the links of the renders individually. Note that this forum also supports picture attachment.

YourSunshineGirl
Visitor
Visitor

Post by YourSunshineGirl » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:21 am

Thank you, Lakys, these are beautiful.

Lakys
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lakys » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:36 pm

YourSunshineGirl wrote:Thank you, Lakys, these are beautiful.
I am glad you like them.

Those are not recent work. When I shall have a more powerful workstation, you pay expect to see many more. ;)

At the moment, to compute in Vue 6 such a render, it takes something like a day.

Do you have any wishes for any new ones ?

Bob Morane

Post by Bob Morane » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:05 pm

Mhh, i was wondering. Would it be possible to get HDRI or pseudo HDRI maps this way, that could be used with some of studio's IBL light sets. Getting good, multi purpose skys to go with those isn't as easy as i thought (often, what you can find are real photographies, and include unneeded, or even unwated elements.
A bunch of simple images, with a sky and ground and no buildings for exemple could be really useful. A few variations like bright sun and blue sky, or coulds, sunset ...
Often, you can find a very nice HDRI of a sunset, but it's taken from the top of a building, and you have rooftops.
Or this nice blue sky you dream of for your grassland scene was taken in a desert.
The superb cloudy sky you would use for your mountains was taken on a coast ... :roll:

Maybe i'm totally wrong when i think it would give strange results, but i fear it wouldn't look that good and this so far stopped me from really trying to use ahEnvironment Light.

Lakys
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lakys » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:57 pm

Bob, I have check it out, Vue Infinite has the capability of saving renders in .hdr format files.

If you are interested we can start a thread on this and I can provide hdr files. Good thing is that I can now look into HDRI files thanks to Photoshop CS4.
So please let me know if you need anything done. ;)

ajcdesign
Inexperienced
Inexperienced

hdri files

Post by ajcdesign » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:57 am

Salute!

I have found the two beautiful photos of sunsets at sea on this site :

sea-spherical-environment-maps-t449.html

Do you have the original hdri. file, that I could please use for my university degree final presentation?

Please might you be able to give me the provide me with the hrdi. photos?

If not, are these jpeg. files the highest resolution that you have?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Merci beacoup,

Alastair
Final Year Boat Design student

Lakys
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: hdri files

Post by Lakys » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:08 am

ajcdesign wrote:Salute!
Hi Alastair,

I am glad you like them. Note those are not photos but renders. And I can create much better ones right now.
Do you have the original hdri. file, that I could please use for my university degree final presentation?
I have the possibility of generate HDRI files. No problem at all.

Please name the resolution and the type of landscape render you are after, and I shall try to see what I can do.

ajcdesign
Inexperienced
Inexperienced

Re: hdri files

Post by ajcdesign » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:17 am

Lakys wrote:
ajcdesign wrote:Salute!
Hi Alastair,

I am glad you like them. Note those are not photos but renders. And I can create much better ones right now.
I have the possibility of generate HDRI files. No problem at all.

Please name the resolution and the type of landscape render you are after, and I shall try to see what I can do.
I need a 360 HDRI PLEASE, THAT LOOK VERY SIMILAR TO THESE IMAGES - SO I CAN PLACE MY SUPERYACHT CAD MODEL INTO THIS ENVIRONMENT, THEN MAKE A VIDEO / SEVERAL RENDERINGS WITH THE BACKDROP OF THE SEA & SKYLINE.

A BEAUTIFUL SUNSET WOULD BE IDEAL ;)

RESOLUTION OF 1280 width x 720 height

not essential - but if there could also be some land "in the far distance" / in the background of the 360 image, that might be good too.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !

Return to “Backgrounds (and some textures)”