Sky dome for D|S

This place is intended to discuss about how to use some content products efficiently. This is not full support, we just share here some knowledge and ideas.

Lakys
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lakys » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:12 pm

weimart wrote:It's perfect this way, thank you.
I used the sky map on your environment sphere and used the DAZ environment inside.
Ah cool :)

I am glad this old thing could be still usefull.
Now off to mess up all your nice lighting.
Thinking of it, switch shadows OFF on the environment nodes (I mean the bones not the light). Otherwise you won't get any shadows with a distant light.
:lol: Did I thank you already? :lol:
Yes you did :)

You don't need any better ground? I have focused mostly on the sky. But I can set some woods, hills, fields or anything ;)

weimart
Future Engineer
Future Engineer

Post by weimart » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:41 pm

Thinking of it, switch shadows OFF on the environment nodes (I mean the bones not the light). Otherwise you won't get any shadows with a distant light.
Ahahh! that's why I was not finding any sun shadow.
You don't need any better ground? I have focused mostly on the sky. But I can set some woods, hills, fields or anything
You've already done a lot and I don't want to bohter you... but some distant fields... and hills... very tempting...:wink:

Lakys
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lakys » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:04 pm

weimart wrote:
You don't need any better ground? I have focused mostly on the sky. But I can set some woods, hills, fields or anything
You've already done a lot and I don't want to bohter you... but some distant fields... and hills... very tempting...:wink:
[/quote]

Nah you are just encouraging to make some things I should have done last year.
Well see, Vue is working while I am configuring some silly network stuff (driving me nuts btw).

Here is preview of the scene I have created (rather quickly). It is not a wonder at all, just a start.

Beside, don't work too much on the lighting. I may create some later fitting the landscape ;)
Attachments
landscape01.jpg
a quick attempt...

14000 trees (well some are not visible).
more than one billion polygons in the scene *lol*
landscape01.jpg (129.23 KiB) Viewed 226 times

Return to “3D Content Help”