Panoramic Beach Environment

Lakys
Site Admin
Site Admin

Panoramic Beach Environment

Post by Lakys » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:31 pm

Content:

- Beach Sunset Environment 1.daz: the environment scene roughly with no light and diffuse surface setup.
- BSE1 + Lights (for 3Delight.daz: the same scene optimized with ambient light and the light preset (also provided separetaly). The lights are parented to allow the poses to work optimally

- MAT Beach Sunset1(Diffusion): apply the texture and switch the surface settings to diffuse (the environment changes according to the lighting used)
- MAT Beach Sunset1(Ambient): idem but use the ambient settings to make the environment completely independant from lighting. (Recommended for 3Delight renders).

- Toggle On-OFF QuarterX: four MAT poses to set transparency ON/OFF to the specified quarter of the landscape wall.

- Ground(... level): three poses to raise the environment and make the ground lower.

How to install:

- Remove any previous installed version by deleting Content/Lakys/Environment1.x
- Extract all the files (including directories) into DAZ|Studio main directory

How to use:

- Browse your content: Content/Lakys/Environment1.2
- Choose one of the two scenes (I recommend to use BSE1 + Lights and to switch to 3Delight)
- The skydome, the ground or the landscape can easily be set invisible by clicking to the eye icon near the coressponding bone in the scene browser.
- Quarters can be set invisible separetely by using the MAT Pose, clicking once set it invisible, clicking once again restore it
- If you intend to spin the environment, use YRotate in the parameters. Note that the lights will be still ok only if they are parented to the environment (which is the case with the second scene and not the case for the light preset).
- The default position (0,0,0) is at the center of the sphere, so items placed there will be like floating in the air. It is possible to use the poses to make it lower. But the environement has been intended to be used with an additional floor/ground prop.

Release notes:

V1.2.1
- fix ambient settings to support the latest shader change in DAZ|Studio version 0.9.19.7 and further.

V1.2.0
- fixed file name errors to the icons
- fixed the path for the scene

V1.1.4:
- include now this readme.txt file.
- fixed a spelling error in a pose name

V1.1.3:
- Update material files to support DAZ|Studio 0.9.18.x last scripting changes.

V1.1.2:
- Fixed

V1.1.1:
- Fixed some misconfiguration with the light preset

V1.1:
- Fixed several issues concerning the seam
- bones do not contain the distinct quaters but only the landscape, skydome and the ground.
- instead of this, the landscape is splitted into four new materials.
- new MAT scripts files.

V1.0.3
- Improved light preset: more lights and better ambience
Attachments
BeachEnv1_2_1.zip
(949.2 KiB) Downloaded 588 times
Last edited by Lakys on Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:43 am, edited 5 times in total.

Lakys
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lakys » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:03 am

if you are interested to be warned when a new version is released, please do post a reply to this post.

Beach Environment V1.2.0 has been released, please check the release notes above for the changes.

ccmarie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ccmarie » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:44 pm

I'd like to be notified.

Thanks bunches *S*,
Chris
"Fantasy Restores Sanity"

judee3d
Visitor
Visitor

Post by judee3d » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:56 pm

This is great, thank you! I would like to be notified.

Lakys
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lakys » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:29 pm

judee3d wrote:This is great, thank you! I would like to be notified.
Thank you Judee, I am glad you appreciate it. :)

I shall probably make someday an improved version of the texture. I has not enough vegetation and other details. Now with Vue Infinite I can make a whole forest with thousands palm trees :)

BrotherHades
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by BrotherHades » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:09 am

Thank you very much. It will be nice to have a setting to use other than the forest for a change. Please keep me notified of any changes.
Again thank you!

LilJayAngel
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by LilJayAngel » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:19 pm

Thank you very much. I would love to be notified.

Huggs,
Chel
One gets out of life, what one puts into life.
See it for how it really is, not for how you would like it to be.

Lakys
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lakys » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:38 pm

Hello,

due to the new version of DAZ|Studio handling differently the ambient surface settings, I had to make a new version of the Beach Environment.
The previous version of the environment should give black renders with 3Delight.

So the version 1.2.1 of the BSE is now available (see the head post of this thread).

In order to fix any old scene using the BSE 1.2.0, you can simply apply the new Ambient MAT file from the 1.2.1.

Note that D|S v0.9.19.7 brings some interesting changes:
- OpenGL ambient settings are now supported (no more dark previews)
- 3Delight shaders have evolved and combine right now diffuse color and ambient settings. The main effect is to prevent any diffuse texture washed up when a ambient color is applied.

vlgraphics
Visitor
Visitor

Post by vlgraphics » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:55 am

Thank you! That would be great!

SammeyTiger
Visitor
Visitor

Post by SammeyTiger » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:08 am

Thank you, Please keep me notified of any and all updates / changes.

dragonfly2004
Visitor
Visitor

Post by dragonfly2004 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:20 am

Hi everyone. I'm new to this site, and am wondering if there is currently a problem with the downloads? I tried to d/l version 1.2.1, and just got a page with "index>>downloads", but can not d/l anything :?
Thanks in advance :)

Lakys
Site Admin
Site Admin

Downloads are back

Post by Lakys » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:05 am

dragonfly2004 wrote:Hi everyone. I'm new to this site, and am wondering if there is currently a problem with the downloads? I tried to d/l version 1.2.1, and just got a page with "index>>downloads", but can not d/l anything :?
Thanks in advance :)
Hi and welcome aboard :)

You are right, there were some issue with the downloads. It is now fixed, thanks to you! :)

For any further reference or more information about this issue, please go to the following thread.

Thank you again and happy downloading. ;)

dragonfly2004
Visitor
Visitor

Post by dragonfly2004 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:34 pm

:D Just downloaded the ZIP, and installed it, but don't have time to play as I've got to run to a two day training course. I'll try it out when I get home :wink:
Thanks for fixing the link, Lakys! :D
Edited to add: loads just fine in Studio 1.2 :D . Now I'll just have to come up with a suitable scenario :lol:

ellarasspirit
Visitor
Visitor

Post by ellarasspirit » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:15 am

I'd like to know, please.

Max_Hattuer
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Max_Hattuer » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:23 am

Replying for the news of updates...this is perfect timing, too, I've been working on swimsuit poses for V4.

http://www.klforbes.com/serendipity

It's a work in progress as I'm still really new at this.

Return to “Props and Environments”