First try of the DAZ Figure Setup Tools

Various informations and discussions about DAZ Studio
Bison Ravi
Technician
Technician

First try of the DAZ Figure Setup Tools

Post by Bison Ravi » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:14 am

I have just finished to create my first object from scratch using the new "Figure Setup Tools" from DAZ. A nearly useless object but I'm anyway satisfied with this! It's a beginning after all... :D

This is a simple sphere with a bone to transform it into a character (CR2). I don't know whether this is the right way or not but it works since the CR2 export tool requires a skeleton to generate the file. I have created a morph to transform the sphere into a cup, the morph is called "Cup". The morph has been created using the "Morph Loader" tool. The sphere is not very detailed but you can use a subdivision to smooth the form (see the screen copy). On the screen copy, you can see the bone as drawn by the setup tools.

There is also no surface, just a plain deformable sphere. :D
Attachments
SphereCup.zip
The "SphereCup" object (unzip into a 'Content' folder).
(12.22 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
SphereCup.jpg
The "SphereCup" object with subdivision in DAZ Studio.
SphereCup.jpg (66.03 KiB) Viewed 1381 times

gingercakes47
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by gingercakes47 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:06 pm

Good beginning showing the potential of "Figure Setup Tools". I take it you used another program than D/S to make the sphere with a bone?

Bison Ravi
Technician
Technician

Post by Bison Ravi » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:39 pm

gingercakes47 wrote:I take it you used another program than D/S to make the sphere with a bone?
Yes, I transformed the mesh using Blender. But, for this very (very!) basic example, we can use the DAZ Studio D-Form tool. In fact, this case is so basic that you can already do it with the D-Form package delivered with Studio. The use of Figure Setup Tools is overkilling :shock:. It was just my first test...

Lakys
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lakys » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:21 pm

It is a good and very interesting test Bison Ravi :)

I am looking forward to see more. Hopefully in the meantime, I shall have found some time to do a few tests too. :roll:

Lakys
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rob's Webinar

Post by Lakys » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:27 am

I attended Rob's webinar about the Figure Setup Tools. :)

I could post a full page of Wooooooooow. Those tools are truly fantastic. Rob has given some insight and exposed brilliantly some of the main features. As it lasted barely an hour, it could not fully cover each and every features in details. But I guess that most has been shown and explained. I have much better understanding how to use well those tools and the logic behind.

They also said that they will make a video from the webinar session for those who could not be there.

gingercakes47
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by gingercakes47 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:37 pm

Oh, I keep missing those Webinar things. Registered and even though I had the reminder set, I still forgot. Must convince someone to give me more memory for the holiday gift.

Lakys
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lakys » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:18 pm

gingercakes47 wrote:Oh, I keep missing those Webinar things. Registered and even though I had the reminder set, I still forgot. Must convince someone to give me more memory for the holiday gift.
Or you can invest in some reminder software. I use Outlook, it saves my memory for other things as I start gettings old. :mrgreen:

And you know it was even harder to remind as it was during night here, so I really motivated myself to not miss it, and especially as it was Rob performing it. :)

Bob Morane

Post by Bob Morane » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:20 pm

I've read about this "webinar" thing and stopped reading when i realized i would be sleeping when it would occur :roll:
It's nice they will make it available as a video.

gingercakes47
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by gingercakes47 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:13 pm

At least I'm awake then but often times at work. Maybe my brain is asleep, though. :?

Return to “DAZ Studio”