[3.1.1.73] Download the lastest version of DAZ Studio

Various informations and discussions about DAZ Studio
drdancm
Apprentice
Apprentice

Studio 3.0xxx beta and 2.xxx coexist at least on Win machine

Post by drdancm » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:22 am

When you install 3.x.x.x Beta on a Windows machine it defaults to C:\Program Files or you tell it wherever you want to put it. For Win 64 bit you need to tell it to load into C:\Program Files (x86).
It is designed to co-exist with the 2.x.x.x version -so you can continue your projects more safely and have all of your plugins that you are used to using. On Mac's there's a problem and some people report having their 2.x.x.x versions over written and or messed up by the 3..x.x.x Beta.

The 3.x.x.65 version (I think) works really well for me -only crashes when I load a daz scene with certain lights. This version also fixed some of the problems some people still had with getting their Contents showing up as expected. Rendering is noticeably faster and more reliable (less crashes due to memory running out). In fact I find that I can usually scroll the Rendering window. Latest news is that the same Dynamic Cloth feature that is in 2.x.x.x also works in this latest beta, as long as you are using either the free dynamic table cloth or the 2 or 3 dynamic clothing that is currently sold. I haven't played with it in either Studio version.

I think that the Renders are also of higher quality -at least that's my quick impression. Unfortunately I can't get the skin tones to match because I don't have USMPS....

No announcements about the paid version of Studio 3.0 yet - my guess is they need to get closer to a finished stable version of 3.0 first , including one that works with all the updated plugins. Perhaps all the plugin makers are waiting for a stable 3.0 first.

Dan

habot
Future Engineer
Future Engineer

Re: Studio 3.0xxx beta and 2.xxx coexist at least on Win machine

Post by habot » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:58 am

DAZ Studio 3.0.1.137 (Beta Release)
DAZ_bfurner, DAZ Product Management wrote:1. Fix incorrect default path for ShaderMixer
2. Fix permissions problem with Mac DAZ Studio installer
3. Fixed Shadow catcher brick to handle multiple shadows
4. Fixed script based memory leeks
5. Dynamic Cloth bug fixes
6. Fixed scene load bug 2.x to 3.x
7. Rendering utilities fixed to be compatible with more computers
8. ShaderMixer, fixed glossy brick

habot
Future Engineer
Future Engineer

DAZ Studio 3.0.1.140 (Beta Release)

Post by habot » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:28 pm

DAZ Studio 3.0.1.140 (Beta Release)
DAZ Product Support wrote:1. Fixed the issues with launching the BRYCE 6.3 (beta) bridge
2. Fixed the 64-bit installer not running DAZ Studio
3. Miscellaneous Crash fixes
4. Figure Setup Tools - fixed crash on trying to change rotation order on root
5. Figure Setup Tools ExP Exporter was not including all read-scripts for dependent files

habot
Future Engineer
Future Engineer

DAZ Studio 3.0.1.142 Beta

Post by habot » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:01 am

DAZ Studio 3.0.1.142 Beta (32 bit & 64 bit)
DAZ Product Support wrote:This updated version of DAZ Studio includes the following fixes:

1. Fixed problem with ExP exporter not writing the code necessary to unhide the body dial for ERC-controlled morphs
2. Fixed problem with CR2 Exporter welds not being maintained on export
3. Fixed problem with CR2 Exporter - exported zOffsetB channels are named "yTranB"
4. Fixed problem with CR2 Exporter not exporting morphloader morphs
5. Fixed problem with CR2 Exporter deleting joints that are part of an IK chain causing a crash when exporting to CR2
6. Fixed an interface refresh issue when removing geometry
7. Fixed an issue with inj/rem files
8. Fixed UI Lag when selecting V4/M4 in scene due to a memory leak in Parameters tab
9. Hexagon Bridge - Fixed registry lookup issues for 64 vs. 32-bit installs

habot
Future Engineer
Future Engineer

Re: DAZ Studio 3.0.1.142 Beta

Post by habot » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:04 pm

DAZ Studio 3.0.1.144 (Notifié par mail, reset automatique, 05/10/2009)
The DAZ 3D Support Team wrote:This new build of Studio 3 (Version 3.0.1.144) corrects the following issues:

# Fixed UI Lag when selecting V4/M4 in scene due to a memory leak in Parameters tab

# CR2 Exporter Fixes:
# Fixed problem with CR2 Exporter welds not being maintained on export
# Fixed problem with CR2 Exporter - exported zOffsetB channels are named "yTranB"
# Fixed problem with CR2 Exporter not exporting morphloader morphs
# Fixed problem with ExP exporter not writing the code necessary to unhide the body dial for ERC-controlled morphs
# Fixed problem with CR2 Exporter deleting joints that are part of an IK

# Shader Mixer Fixes:
# Fixed Shadow catcher brick to handle multiple shadows
# ShaderMixer - fixed glossy brick

# Rendering utilities fixed to be compatible with more computers
# Hexagon Bridge - Fixed registry lookup issues for 64 vs. 32-bit installs

Only the following files must be downloaded to obtain this update:

* DAZ Studio 3 Application (PC/MAC)
* DAZ Studio 3 Application 64Bit (PC 64bit)

Lakys
Site Admin
Site Admin

DAZ Studio 3.1.0.148 (public) and 3.1.1.11 (beta)

Post by Lakys » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:12 pm

http://www.daz3d.com/i/support/download ... tudio&_m=d

Time to remove the dust on this thread ;)

jammixx
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by jammixx » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:55 am

it looks like D/S is running (Daz speed) towards version 4, and these are steps before it. There is an open testing and comments area to refine version 4. I currently have 3.1.2.20 which is after 3.1.2.19. Seems like there are some good changes. it's kind of buggy for me, but it might just be so with my computer setup.

Lakys
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lakys » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:03 pm

jammixx wrote:it looks like D/S is running (Daz speed) towards version 4, and these are steps before it. There is an open testing and comments area to refine version 4. I currently have 3.1.2.20 which is after 3.1.2.19. Seems like there are some good changes. it's kind of buggy for me, but it might just be so with my computer setup.
A version 4, when they have just arrived to something just ok with version 3?

Maybe they want us to forget it was version 3, with version 4. But if you say it is kind of buggy for you, I imagine that the same history will occur once again.

Return to “DAZ Studio”