USMP V0.8.5 (Part IV)

Various informations and discussions about DAZ Studio
Lakys
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lakys » Thu May 15, 2008 9:27 am

habot wrote:Oops, no Sir ! :oops:
:P

Ok version 0.8.5.3 is on its way to fix the warning.

It should work with release of DAZ|Studio from 1.4.16 to DAZ|Studio 2.1. :wink:

habot
Future Engineer
Future Engineer

Post by habot » Thu May 15, 2008 9:42 am

Lakys wrote:Well the missing class warning is caused by some obsolete code included in the material preset by DAZ in the past.
Thanks for information ...
Lakys wrote:Ok version 0.8.5.3 is on its way to fix the warning.
... and update :D
Lakys wrote:Have you installed the DAZ standard shader pack just like it is mentionned in the installation instructions?
Ok, ten minutes after :?
The DAZ standard shader pack install same script files as find in SDK samples (sure, many others comes with SDK).

Just for manual update, the new link for the DAZ standard shader pack

Lakys
Site Admin
Site Admin

Final version V0.8.5.3 has been released.

Post by Lakys » Thu May 15, 2008 11:15 am

That's a really mini-minor update to fix the warning in DAZ|Studio 2.1.x.

It still supports all the previous D|S release from DAZ|Studio 1.4.16.0.

habot
Future Engineer
Future Engineer

Post by habot » Thu May 15, 2008 12:50 pm

Yep, thanks Boss, work fine.

BoulderSean
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by BoulderSean » Wed May 21, 2008 7:12 am

fun fun. reloaded some stuff and made a my first render in a long time. presets worked great, looks like i have some catching up to do tho on new options (ext?)
Attachments
render01.jpg

Lakys
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lakys » Wed May 21, 2008 9:19 am

BoulderSean wrote:fun fun. reloaded some stuff and made a my first render in a long time. presets worked great, looks like i have some catching up to do tho on new options (ext?)
Those are not new options at all. :lol:

The 2006 release included -ext versions. They use some extended UI versions of the DAZ standard shaders.
Basically it will render exactly the same than with the standard one. The only difference is that you have surface settings to play with (such SSS channel).

If you really want new options in USMP, have a look at USMP SHE in the graphic cafe, or wait for EISHA, the next evolution. :wink:

Nice render :D

Cimaira
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Cimaira » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:06 pm

I am very confused, nothing new :wink: I have just downloaded the newest/final version of this skin shader, but I also have the SHE2007B version, are these the same thing? Should I uninstall the SHE version, or just leave it? :shock: like I said confused, lol
I know I need to uninstall USMP v0.8.5.2, I think, geeze, just tell me what I need to do, lol before I confuse myself even futher.
thanks cimaira

Lakys
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lakys » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:30 am

Cimaira wrote:I am very confused, nothing new :wink: I have just downloaded the newest/final version of this skin shader, but I also have the SHE2007B version, are these the same thing? Should I uninstall the SHE version, or just leave it? :shock: like I said confused, lol
I know I need to uninstall USMP v0.8.5.2, I think, geeze, just tell me what I need to do, lol before I confuse myself even futher.
thanks cimaira
Actually, you don't need to uninstall anything, USMP v0.8.5.x and USMP SHE can work both together (and they are meant to co-exist). The SHE version (understand Special Halloween Version) has some additional features allowing coloring for aliens, elves or whatever, and also a few extra features for the skin which will be also included in EISHA.

And note that the last version of USMP Standard is v0.8.5.3.

Let me know if there is still anything confusing. Thanks. :wink:

Cimaira
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Cimaira » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:08 pm

Thank you for the quick reply.
Ok, I think I've got it now, lol.
I need to uninstall USMP v0.8.5.2 to install the newest version which is v.0.8.5.3. But the SHE version is different, so it stays.
again, thank you :)

Lakys
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lakys » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:12 pm

Cimaira wrote:Thank you for the quick reply.
Ok, I think I've got it now, lol.
Good to hear.
I need to uninstall USMP v0.8.5.2 to install the newest version which is v.0.8.5.3. But the SHE version is different, so it stays.
again, thank you :)
Yes you might need to remove the previous folder. Though, if you overwrite the V0.8.5.2 with the V0.8.5.3 it should work too as the file names are supposed to be the same. :)

Andrew_C
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Andrew_C » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:10 pm

Thanks for the update, recently upgraded to 2.x and was wondering about the error messages. Looking forward to the successor. Is the GW5 shader a preview of this by the way?

Lakys
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lakys » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:51 pm

Andrew_C wrote: Looking forward to the successor. Is the GW5 shader a preview of this by the way?
Hi Andrew, it's been a while. :)

No the GW5 shader was more consisting of some additional adjustments for those specific textures.

drdancm
Apprentice
Apprentice

USMP V085 -feature suggestion

Post by drdancm » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:57 am

As I have already said your USMP software is incredibly useful.

I have a small request, that others may also would appreciate.

Would you have an option to have the last settings remembered?

Sometimes when I'm trying to decide on the settings and run it multiple times it is nice not to have to try to remember and have to reset 2 or 3 different settings.

It would certainly save time for me, but for those who do not want the last used settings remembered, an option box would disable/enable the "remember" feature.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Dan

Lakys
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: USMP V085 -feature suggestion

Post by Lakys » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:21 am

drdancm wrote:As I have already said your USMP software is incredibly useful.

I have a small request, that others may also would appreciate.

Would you have an option to have the last settings remembered?

Sometimes when I'm trying to decide on the settings and run it multiple times it is nice not to have to try to remember and have to reset 2 or 3 different settings.

It would certainly save time for me, but for those who do not want the last used settings remembered, an option box would disable/enable the "remember" feature.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Dan
Hi Dan,

it is a great idea, but I must say it has been already suggested by some other users and planned in EISHA. ;)
And I also know exactly how I shall implement it. And it will use a remember the last settings checkbox as you described.

But thank you for the input. :D

drdancm
Apprentice
Apprentice

USMP

Post by drdancm » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:18 pm

That's great, may we expect your new program before year's end?

I also have a question that other people may be reluctant to ask because it shows their ignorance, but I am perfectly willing to admit when I don't understand something.

USMP you say stands for Material Preset. How is that different from a Shader? I'm guessing the answer is not all that simple.

I'm asking because the Elite bundle which I got comes with Omnifreak's Human Shader and it creates a Viewport skin shade that does not look very good, but a successful render looks pretty good although it would be nice to be able to change the lightness/darkness of the skin that is rendered, rather than having to do it with postprocessing.

When I naively load USMP on top of it seems to change everything including the resolution, but lets me control the skin lighteness just fine.

Perhaps you've already explained all this so if you would not mind pointing me to it, I would be grateful.

Thanks very much,

Dan

Return to “DAZ Studio”