Ladonna
Inexperienced
Inexperienced

Shaders in D/S

Post by Ladonna » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:18 pm

Hi people

I am new here in your nice Forum.
At first,this is great forum. :)

I am normally Poser user, but i want to learn more about D/S . Since Poser bother me to death with his bugs,i thought it is time to switch to a bether Software. :twisted:

My first question.
The shaders in D/S.
In Poser i am not so bad in the Material room but in D/S i am just pitiful. :(
Is it possible to make a shader in D/S like this one?

Thank you in advance a lot. http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8784/dazforum.jpg

Lakys
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lakys » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:42 pm

Hi Ladonna and welcome aboard :)
Is it possible to make a shader in D/S like this one?
Well DAZ Studio 1 / 2 does not really have some procedural shaders included. But you can find a few surface shaders (some are free) able to do rather similar effects.

DAZ Studio 3 will arrive the ability to build shaders and to mix them in its advanced version.
So there is something somehow similar to the material room able to create procedural shaders.

Note that you may want to know that you can attach pictures directly in the forum using Options > Add an Attachement to the left. ;)

Though you can achieve really nice effects (not really what you were after) using surface panel settings. You can find some of the basics from this visual tutorial.

I hope it will help. Feel free to ask some more question.
Anyway you interested to play with DAZ Studio 3 beta, I would gladly try to guide you in order to create a shader looking like the one you asked. ;)

Ladonna
Inexperienced
Inexperienced

Post by Ladonna » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:15 pm

@Lakys
Thank you for your quick reply.
With the attachment, 8) :oops: i am sometimes simply blind.

I will go deeper D3 too. Tried it out and the Mat room looks very impressive. Shaders and mapping are something i love to try out new stuff and methods. :)

For now, i would like to make shaders for our Jewels we sell, to made them D/S compatible, because of some request, make our freebies, who are mostly Jewels, props for V4, compatible for D/S user too.

And this is why i try to keep them simple, because not every body would have the advance D3.

I will come back to you when i am again lost in Studio. :) Thank you.

Return to “DAZ Studio”